Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Oh, and by the way...Hi.

I created this blog so I could launch a protest. I'm all about protesting. Being a disabled, gay woman of Native American heritage, I have a tendency to get "uppity" when I see injustice happening in the world. Everything from environmental issues (do not even get me started on the BP oil spill) to equal rights.

I don't like labels, though. I don't think we should define ourselves by someone else's standards. We should be who we are, each of us, as individuals. Stop trying to "fit in." You were not made with a cookie cutter. You are unique. Even if you have an identical twin, you are your own person.

I am highly opinionated, so be aware if you decide to read this that I will sometimes go off on a rant. It's good therapy, or so my shrink tells me. All God's chil'en gotta vent. Some of us more than others. As David Banner once said, "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."

As for my blog name, it comes from the fact that I was born in the month of May (yes, I am a stubborn Taurus), and because I have come to see myself as a Phoenix, that mythical bird always being born again from the ashes. I've had a lot of rebirths in my lifetime, all 43 years of it. Every time I think I'm done, I can't do this anymore, something inside me says oh, no, girl -- you've still got things to do. And then I'm back. Rebuilding myself, pulling myself up from the rubble and steadfastly moving onward...until the next deconstruction.

So. That's it, for now. More to come. Stay tuned, it does get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment